
Elisabeth loves going to Grandmère and Grandpère’s house. Grandmère has collected many fun dress ups over the years. Here Elisabeth is playing “bride.” She likes to say, “I’m getting married” and asks for the music. This is the tulle and cap from Aunt Claudia’s veil. Sometimes Grandmère even adds shoes and a white slip. I never thought my daughter would be pretending to get married so young!

Elisabeth is also really enjoying classical music. I’ve been playing Benjamin Britten’s A Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra and she loves to talk about which instruments are playing. There is also a book that goes with it, and she turns the page to the correct family of instruments. And every night after she finishes eating she was to dance. This is not typical dancing music, not even a minuet or waltz. But kids can dance to anything, especially when they like to hop. So Elisabeth hops around vigorously—she especially enjoys the “noisy loud parts.” One night she got up and put her scarf on her head and said, “I’m getting married. Now we are going to dance.” She bugged John enough to he got up to dance with her and started jumping like she does. But she said, “No, dance like we’re getting married—like you and mommy did. I go under.” At last John figured out what she wanted—she had seen our wedding video and seen us swing dancing, so John tried a few turns with her and she was happy. 
Listening to Beethoven's 5th and reading Meet the Orchestra . . .
The pool has been much fun this summer. Here is Elisabeth at the YMCA pool—the girl who used to hate sprinklers or splashing or waves has obviously changed. I think she’ll be ready for swim lessons next year, though she doesn’t have the daring nature that cousin Timothy has, who loves to hang out underwater as long as possible.




We enjoyed The Woodlands/Montgomery County 4th of July parade. A few days before the 4th Elisabeth said, "On the 4th of July we're going to Grandma and Grandpa's house to see the marching band and go sledding!" We need to work on some understanding of seasons, but at least she has good memories already!
Comments