Things I've learned on the packers' first day:
- It is customary to give the workers coffee while they are here. Too bad I'm all out of coffee and just got rid of my coffee maker.
- I should not try to make jokes in German.
- Watching everything get packaged up is easier the second time around.
- I'm more relaxed today than I was last week.
- There's always more I can find to throw away in my kids' rooms--when they aren't looking.
- 8 suitcases take up a lot of space.
- If you designate a small utility room as a "do not pack" room, you will keep adding to it until it is full.
- If you tell your kids they can bring more in their carry-ons because they aren't going on the train, they will fill them so full that they can't carry them. The prospect of a 13 hour travel day makes me not care how heavy the bags are.
- The tape rollers make a really squeaky noise.
- Seeing my friend's new garden makes me look forward to setting up again, and being done with taking down.
Comments